Send money internationally to Haiti (HTG) using the mid-market exchange rate. Check and compare the rates from the major financial providers.
Send money to Haiti
What is the best HTG exchange rate today?
How much does it cost to send money to Haiti?
- International money transfers shouldn’t be expensive.
- Make sure your provider doesn’t add hidden fees or bad exchange rates to your money transfer.
- You should choose a provider that uses the mid-market exchange rate to convert your money.
Who sends money to Haiti?
You might be in need to send money to Haiti for several reasons:
- If you are working abroad. Around 1.2 million of people are living overseas. The countries where they are the most present are: 664'000 are in the United States, 331'000 in the Caribbean countries, 259'000 in Dominican Republic, 74'000 in Canada, 73'000 in France.
- If you are travelling abroad: Haiti is a great country with many tourists who come each year. These visitors need to get the local currency for their journey.
How to get travel money while visiting Haiti?
Three mistakes are absolutely essential to avoid to manage your money when traveling to Haiti
- don't withdraw money with your mastercard or visa card (credit/debit card) as your bank will take huge fees on each withdrawal
- don't use your credit card as a payment method in shops and restaurants. As a touristic country many places will accept your foreign card. But you'll lose a lot of money by paying directly with your card because the merchant will apply its own exchange rate including fees that you are not aware of.
- Don't exchange your money into local currency at the airport exchange offices or in the streets. I know they always show that there is no fee, but there are many which are mostly hidden. Airport currency exchanges are the best way to get the worst exchange rate.
How to send cash in Haiti?
Several providers operate on the cash market in Haiti: Western Union, Moneygram, Ria, Caribe Express, Unitransfer, Girosol. Check their agencies available in the country and their prices. It's probably better to check online and then you will have to check that the fees you saw online are the same as the ones you see at the agency.
Some can even deliver the money directly at your recipient's home: Girosol or Unitransfer for example offer a door-to-door service.
How to send money efficiently on a Haitian bank account?
If you are in need to send money back to your loved ones in Haiti on a regular basis, you'll need a cheap and convenient solution. To send money on a bank account a good practice is to avoid your bank. Banks usually offer a poor exchange rate when converting currencies.
And they do not always allow transfers in 'exotic' countries because of more and more regulations. Regulations are good for us but they don't bring easiness in the process. Indeed the currency is not a well-traded currency so it is not sure that your bank allow transfers.
A good thing would be to use an online money transfer service: The number of solutions is endless: Western Union, Money gram, Ria, Skrill. Once set up an account with these companies the transfers are easy. They provide good rates and several payment methods are possible.