Do you know how much you’re paying in PayPal fees when you sell online? Get this simple PayPal merchant fee calculator to see what those sales really cost you.
PayPal Fee Calculator
PayPal Merchant Fee Calculator (UK)
1. Click on the link below to
get your own copy of our smart
PayPal business fee calculator
in Google Spreadsheet.
2. Choose the PayPal fees calculator you need, depending on whether you’re selling to domestic or international customers.
3. Type in the price you want to sell your product for and the calculator displays the fees PayPal will charge you.
PayPal Business Fees
When you use PayPal to process a payment for a sale made online or in person, you’ll pay a fee. PayPal merchant fees can be confusing, as they vary according to the type of sale, the currency, and where you and your customer’s PayPal accounts are registered. There may be several different fees for a single transaction – and understanding them all is crucial if you want to protect your profit margins.
Use our easy Paypal good and services fee calculator to check out the costs of using PayPal and make sure there are no surprises.
PayPal international fees explained
It’s especially important to understand PayPal merchant fees when you’re selling to customers based abroad. There are several different fees you need to know about, which may be a surprise if you’re not expecting them. Here’s what you need to know.
Take a look at the fixed fees which are set according to the currency the payment is being made in, in this handy table.
It’s good to know that you can avoid some of the costs of selling overseas by using a smart multi-currency account from Wise for Business. Receive payments for free from customers in the US, UK, euro area, Australia and New Zealand, and switch your money back to British pounds using the mid-market exchange rate with no markup.
PayPal merchant fees for domestic transactions
If you take a payment from a customer who has a UK registered PayPal account, you’ll need to check out PayPal’s domestic charges. Domestic sales made online attract the following fees:
- 2.9% of the transaction value if the recipient is based in the UK
- 3.4% of the transaction amount if the recipient lives in: Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Latvia, San Marino, Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, Slovenia, Estonia, Malta
+ fixed fee which is based on the received currency.
Country of seller’s address
Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey & United Kingdom (UK)
Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Latvia, San Marino, Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Slovenia, Estonia, Malta